Fidelis Introduces Industry's First Integrated Security Platform for Automated Detection and Response
October 5, 2017
Bethesda, 2017 — Fidelis Cybersecurity today announced availability of its new Fidelis Elevate(TM) automated detection and response (ADR) platform.
The first solution of its kind, Elevate empowers security operations teams to automatically investigate, validate, enrich and respond to detections across all networks and endpoints. With Elevate, organizations gain complete visibility of all alerts, speed their alert response times, and dramatically increase the effectiveness and efficiency of their security operations teams.
"Too much data and not enough information characterizes many security operations teams," said John McCormack, chief executive officer (CEO) for Fidelis. "Unlike other solutions, Fidelis Elevate brings together network and endpoint telemetry, metadata, execution context and machine learning to deliver actionable compromise intelligence. This approach reduces the time required for manual investigation and validation, and enables organizations to automate their responses. With Elevate, security operations teams dramatically increase their efficiency and effectiveness, often by 10-20x."
Fidelis Elevate relies on three core tenets to prevent modern attacks from stealing or destroying corporate data:
- Completeness. Engineered for complete visibility across network and endpoints, Fidelis Elevate delivers a complete, integrated and unified intelligence layer that automates operations and response.
- Visibility. Fidelis Elevate provides unique depth-of-field visibility that automatically ingests and analyzes packets, sessions, and content traversing the network, while doing the same for processes, memory and files on endpoint. Visibility is both real-time and historical, and spans all ports, protocols, and operating systems.
- Automation. By automating the actions and insights of three roles—a skilled analyst, a threat hunter and an incident responder—Fidelis Elevate delivers these key security skillsets in a faster, more sustainable manner, and alleviates issues caused by alert fatigue and today's skills shortage.
"Modern attacks are a complex, often-automated series of processes, steps and interrelated events that penetrate the cybersecurity perimeter and generate significant cost, noise and anxiety for an enterprise," said Tim Roddy, VP of Product for Fidelis. "Enterprises incur these challenges because the typical security operations team lacks complete, integrated and automated technology to detect, prevent or respond to these attacks. Instead, team members are overloaded with patchwork systems and multiple screens, fatigued by the sheer number of alerts received on a daily basis. They struggle to make sense of disparate data from disparate systems and attempt to detect buried signals. Unable to quickly, appropriately investigate and respond to the incomplete data they receive, they let intrusions dwell longer and put more data at risk. A new approach that integrates with existing technologies, protects both endpoints and networks, and automates operations and response can be a huge step toward solving these problems."
Other key Elevate features include:
- Operationalized threat intelligence
- A central alert plane providing automatic alert correlation, enrichment and forensics
- Modern network analytics featuring metadata analysis
- A single agent delivering endpoint detection and response (EDR) and endpoint protection (EPP)
- Detection and determination triangulated across multiple detection mechanisms
- Active detection, response and prevention on sensors and agents
- A flexible, cloud-based overlay deployment model
- Security operations maturity support and services
Roddy concluded, "Chief information security officers (CISOs) who attempt to plug holes in their security infrastructure by adding new point solutions merely drive up system cost and complexity, and further stress their already-overburdened security operations teams. Fidelis Elevate offers a complete, single-platform, integrated action and intelligence overlay that complements existing technology stacks, without requiring re-architecture or lengthy deployment timelines."
Fidelis Elevate is available today both from the cloud or in traditional on-premises deployments.
For more information about Automated Detection and Response and Fidelis Elevate, download our "Transforming Security Operations With Automated Detection and Response" white paper or "Fidelis Elevate" brochure.